In 1998 Dr. Dennis Stone, then the chairman of Pediatric Anesthesiology at Wolfson’s children’s hospital in Jacksonville, first began providing pediatric dental anesthesia at Dr. Barry Setzer’s office. The goal was to deliver the same safety and quality as the hospital but in the convenience of a comfortable, smaller “family friendly” setting of a dental office. Several years later, Dr. Stone partnered with Dr. Hector Vila, at the time the Chairman of anesthesia at the H. Lee
Moffitt Cancer Center, who had begun performing pediatric dental anesthesia in the Central Florida area. Since then Pediatric Dental Anesthesia Associates (PDAA) has grown to a dozen pediatric anesthesiologists in multiple states providing services to more than 150 pediatric dental offices. Families have embraced this concept, and after completing After more than 20,000 cases PDAA is extremely proud to report no incidents of patient injury .
The PDAA goal is to combine the best pediatric specialty anesthesiologists with compassionate and child friendly nurses, state-of-the-art equipment and medications. Affordable fees allow families to experience a high quality parent and patient experience. Pediatric dentists are able to offer this comfortable service to their patients in the setting of their office, with their own equipment and staff, minus the less-then-family friendly environment of a hospital setting
● Sedation Safety – equivalent to hospitals and surgery centers
● Accommodate patients with special needs, young/anxious with multiple restorations
● Improved efficiency – treat in your office with high throughput and minimal turnover time
● Dentists report a better quality of treatment – in the best environment
● Less costly and more convenient for patients than hospitals
● Call or email our office by clicking here
● We bring all equipment, supplies, and staff
● We work in typical pediatric office settings
● Commonly 1 day / month
● 4 – 12+ patients per day
Billing and Collections
Maria Jarrell – Scheduling Coordinator
● Scheduling form faxed to our office……
● We handle fees
● $250 deposit at scheduling
● Fees consistent with national averages
○ Discount (50%+) for cash prepaid
○ Insurance (out of network, satisfy deductibles)
○ Care credit, all credit cards
If you are concerned about your patient’s safety, then you should choose PDAA.
This practice has been designed to operate with the highest safety standards in mind. We choose only board certified anesthesiologists with an advanced training in pediatric anesthesia that have no history of malpractice and have proven excellence in clinical practice. We use the same or higher basic safety standards as hospitals and surgery centers and our practice is certified by risk managers every year. Our doctors and nurses routinely conduct safety drills, ensure that all safety equipment is available and up to date, and spend as much time as needed to ensure that each of our patients is medically stable and low risk prior to the appointment.
Our safety record over the last 10 years is extraordinary with no incidents of patient injury or death. Our practice has been chosen to provide anesthesia at over 150 pediatric dental offices in five different states. We too read the reports of tragic events in dental offices and have designed our practice to eliminate the causes of those events in our selection of doctors, nurses, equipment, and patients.
Please take the time to review the resume’ of our doctors and look at the hundreds of facebook stories from parents that were anxious before, and very grateful after their experience with our practice.